Oil Filter Manufacturers

JamesF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know that WIX and NAPA oil filters are made by the same manufacturer.

What other filters are the same? Who makes Motorcraft?

And here is the loaded question - which ones do I definately want to stay away from?

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Purolator makes the Motorcraft filter. I have always been told that Fram is a filter to stay away from. I usually use the Napa or the Motorcraft.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Glassdude said:
I believe Purolator makes the Motorcraft filter. I have always been told that Fram is a filter to stay away from. I usually use the Napa or the Motorcraft.
Yeap Purolator does Motorcraft :sweet

We stay with Purolator,Motorcraft and WIX.

JamesF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have always used Wix, but I've started hearing good things about Motorcraft. Since they are almost $10 cheaper I wanted to switch. Just wanted to check first.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Never hurts to get the latest info :) The Motorcraft 7.3L oil filters can be had for under $10 at Wallyworld but WW also carries their SuperTech filters for $6 and change but have no manufacturer info on them yet.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dunno if many of you have seen this oil filter study but it might be worthy of checking out LINK while the discussion is ongoing.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Never hurts to get the latest info :) The Motorcraft 7.3L oil filters can be had for under $10 at Wallyworld but WW also carries their SuperTech filters for $6 and change but have no manufacturer info on them yet.
With a little digging I've found the SuperTech brand is manufactured by Champion Labs :)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
HERE is a pretty good oil filter study. Its been around but if you have not seen this its pretty good reading.
Check my link about 3 posts back up I added this morning,they sure look the same to me :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58