Oil for 2006 6.0

TC98

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds good that is what my shop has been putting in mine. Not sure who it was that told me that but they swore that it wasn't recommended for Ford.
Thanks for setting me straight !!!

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Rotella 15W40 for a while and then switched to Mobil 1 15W40. Never had a problem while using the Rotella I just prefer the synthetic. The engine seemed to run a little quieter once the switch to synthetic was made.

kenbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Rotella 15w40 for about 35k.. no problems, but did switch to Royal Purple about 8k miles ago... fuel economy definitely went up substantially.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on switching to the Rotella-T 15-40 syn. soon, the sticker shock was the only thing holding me back. Am I the only one that has noticed that the price of oil went up right along with crude and gas but when crude and gas came down, the engine oil stayed high? Whats up with that?

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you chaging your oil? I just started running synthetic oil and I don't feel comfortable changing oil on the recommended schedule given to me at the oil change place. They recommended once every 15K or once a year. I don't put many miles on my truck, so I"m thinking of changing oil twice a year. Just before winter and just before summer.

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on switching to the Rotella-T 15-40 syn. soon, the sticker shock was the only thing holding me back. Am I the only one that has noticed that the price of oil went up right along with crude and gas but when crude and gas came down, the engine oil stayed high? Whats up with that?

Amsoil just lowered their prices by approx 1.20 per gallon on most oils. Pricing it with me won't cost anything.

How often are you chaging your oil? I just started running synthetic oil and I don't feel comfortable changing oil on the recommended schedule given to me at the oil change place. They recommended once every 15K or once a year. I don't put many miles on my truck, so I"m thinking of changing oil twice a year. Just before winter and just before summer.

Probably a good idea to not go as far as the oil change place says with your 6.0L. I have learned depending on your driving conditions even with synthetic you may want to stay around 5k mile OCI.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58