Oil in my new exhaust??

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
I got my exhaust put on Saturday (T-409 MBRP duals). I was checking them out today and saw something in in the passenger tailpipe. Put my finger in there and sure enough....oil. Is this normal? If I did the CCV mod would it fix this? If I do the mod do I need to clean out the intercooler and clean off all the boots/clamps?

dpantazis

Reaction score
how many miles on your truck? what is your oil consumption between oil changes?

the CCV deals with the oil in the intake side- whatever oil vapor is in the airstream gets consumed by combustion. the oil vapor is from blowbye.

my WAG is that the oil you are getting in the exhaust is from the engine, not the intake.

dp

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
J: My truck did the same thing, after I installed my 4" turbo back exhaust. After a week or so, if I recall it stopped.

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
129K miles. Since I have not been driving it daily I have not checked the oil recently and I am about 200 miles from the oil change limit (5K). So after we get settled in with our newborn son I will check the consumption out.

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Ok got to check the oil and it is less than two quarts of usage in 4970 miles so I think I am ok in that department. No blow by. So now what?

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Is it possible that some unburned CCV vapors can make it back thru to the exhaust system?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could have been anti corrosive coatings inside the new exhaust plumbing.

could be blow-by (crank case venting)
could be ring wear (blow by)

could be fuel from leaking injectors or over fueling

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok got to check the oil and it is less than a quart of usage in 4970 miles so I think I am ok in that department. No blow by. So now what?

NO Guru here but.... If you've used LESS than a quart of oil, in 5000 miles ? Drive it for awhile but check yer oil level frequently... watching for any consumption.

Could be.. now that you've opened up the exhaust to a 4"... all the Crap/Crud that had [maybe] built up.. is now being blown out and condensing at the tail pipe end. Could even be from the manufacturing process used in building the pipe and muffler. lots'a variables ?

Like SynPSD said.. his did it for awhile.. after the 4" install..then stopped.

My SWAG

Any BLUE smoke ??

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
My SWAG

Any BLUE smoke ??

come on now, that's just too cruel...:watchout

p.s. what is WAG and SWAG?

J: did you not notice any oil before OR that there was none? could it have been there and you did not notice. i have no other advice other than what has been given...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58