Oil in the coolant

Rickstallman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help guys I was getting a smell of what I thought was hot brakes when going up some small hills for about a five mile run at 55 MPH. Ford dealer told me today that there was oil in my coolant and that my oil cooler needs to be replaced $2700.00 sh%#$ my truck is 5 years 3 months old with 51,000 on it.The truck has never pulled a large load 3200 boat has been it. Anybody have any words of advice??

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your dealer if they will pick up part of the bill , it's only out of warranty just a little bit. All they can say is no, and everyone know Ford has had problems with these things. This is why when my truck turned 5 years old I got another 155,000, mile 5 years warranty on it. Good Luck.

Doug

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can save a ton doing the work yourself. It's not hard you just need the time to do it. Last I heard oil coolers are on back order so ask the parts guys what they have in stock.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have them get you the updated cooler. The original had the fatal flaws causing it to do what it did on your truck.

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help guys I was getting a smell of what I thought was hot brakes when going up some small hills for about a five mile run at 55 MPH. Ford dealer told me today that there was oil in my coolant and that my oil cooler needs to be replaced $2700.00 sh%#$ my truck is 5 years 3 months old with 51,000 on it.The truck has never pulled a large load 3200 boat has been it. Anybody have any words of advice??

Anybody have any words of advice??[/QUOTE] COOLENT FILTER ;tu
2 stroker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl