oil leak around dip stick

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ex 7.3 it has a oil leak around the dip stick I tried to fix it but no luck, so I took it to Ford :rant they said it would be 1800.00 to fix it. They said they had to take out the motor to fix because they had to pull the pan Is this right? help me please!!!
Chopper boy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little more info ? is it where the dip stick >Tube< goes into the Pan ? If it is.. The Pan will need to be replaced and you DO have to pull the engine to do that.

Maybe someone has a "fix" they can jump in here with:dunno

BIG BIG bucks for a Shoulda Been Recal Item, IMO.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
To get to the nut and o-ring yes you have to pull the pan which requires pulling the engine. Some guys have had luck cleaning the area and covering it with silicone. Others have changed out the o-ring without removing the pan by using a stiff wire to keep the nut from falling in the pan.

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
I have tried silicone it worked for awhile 4 month I'll try it again I just don't want to pay that 1800.00! I just love this site I have done so many new little things & not planing to stop! the ccv,fpr shim,AIH delete & so on !So thank you Guys for all the help!!
Chopper Boy Helicopters that is!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Wouldn't the Ultra Black RTV do the job? I believe it's the most petroleum distillate resistant.:confused:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
It should work so long as you check out the temp rating and make sure the surface is very clean and dry.Also dont be shy about the amount ya use,lol.Aint gotta be pretty just functional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58