Oil leak at the bell housing

Frederex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:rant....I have picked up an oil leak at the bottom of the bell housing coming out at the inspection cover...I took a peak at it and there is not oil on the flywheel...sometimes it leaks a little and one morning I warmed it up and had a spot as big as a basketball...then it went back to a dribble...just wondering if anyone else is having this prob, and how they fixed it

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rant....I have picked up an oil leak at the bottom of the bell housing coming out at the inspection cover...I took a peak at it and there is not oil on the flywheel...sometimes it leaks a little and one morning I warmed it up and had a spot as big as a basketball...then it went back to a dribble...just wondering if anyone else is having this prob, and how they fixed it

Check for oil (and fuel) in the Valley, and around the HPOP fittings.. Most often.. Oil & Fuel leaks.. off of the Bell Housing, origonate elsewhere.. migrate down.. and drip from the Bell housing.. Making you think.. it's worse that it is. (the rear main seal).

Joe

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Check for oil (and fuel) in the Valley, and around the HPOP fittings.. Most often.. Oil & Fuel leaks.. off of the Bell Housing, origonate elsewhere.. migrate down.. and drip from the Bell housing.. Making you think.. it's worse that it is. (the rear main seal).

Joe

Tbar

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
X3. Mine was from oil coming from the "x" pipe boost tubes from the ccv oil vapors above the vally. And then it dripped down where you see it now.

Now it drips out the bottom of my bypass tube. :innocent

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that one time and the top of the inspection cover had rubbed a hole in the oil pan...
could check that, too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58