oil leak under fuel filter??

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother is working on an 02 350 that seems to be leaking from under the fuel filter. any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Robert

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
High Pressure Oil Pump or it's fittings on the high pressure lines would be my SWAG. My HPOP was leaking and was replaced under warranty a while back.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
true91799 said:
O rings on the HPOP is the 1st place I would look.

yep o rings on the high pressure lines where they connect,
been there several times on our 02
while you got em off do the other ends to where they go into the heads

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out that the hpop was shelled out, the oil was comming from the lower plug that says do not remove. evidently if that one starts leaking it indicates an overpressure situation? frying the hpop? seems that is the course of action my brother is taking. replacing the hpop!:eek: to the tune of $8-$900.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's a TSB for the HPOP oil leak/s
Oil Leakage at 7.3 HP Oil Pump Fittings/Plug:
If oil leakage is detected at the HP oil pump hose fittings or passage plug (not the rear plate), the fittings/plug can be removed and resealed with o-rings from kit 2C3Z-9G804-AA. The threads on the fitting/plug should be cleaned and the included Loctite sealer applied. Tighten the fittings/plug to 23-28 ft/lbs. The HP pump does not need to be removed to perform this procedure. Braodcast Message 3916, 0684; TSB #03-17-1, 03-21-50.

towcat

mouse hunter
Reaction score
I don't get so lucky. I have one in the shop leaking out the rear plate. I got the bolt off the passenger side of the pump. is there another hiding somewhere? I have the gear bolt off already and the gear out.

...found the second one. for those looking for it, its buried under the threaded section for the hoses to go into and just right above the relay fitting. Yup, right inside its own little pocket....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14