oil leak

06red250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have an oil leak. I have not be able to left the truck yet. But i took a look and it seems to be coming for the passenger side rear of the motor and the tranny is wet with oil. any suggestions to look for. i hope its not he rear main.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The rear main seals almost NEVER go out. It could be the bedplate to the block, but not the main seal.

Dave

06red250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok went underneath and noticed that the tranny is wet on both sides starting form the top. could see the block but could no major leak.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did have a rear main leak as well as the O ring from the injector harness. The rear main caused the the front of the bell housing to become wet. Once that was straight, the dealer figured out that the O ring on the injector harness was leaking on the right bank because the block was wet on the right side all the way down to the tranny. It just wasnt as wet as it was when the rear main leak was also present.
You should be under warranty (I am assuming your truck is an '06 by your screen name) unless you are over 100,000. if under warranty take it to the dealer.

06red250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok how do i know if my truck is under warranty. My truck only has 70k on the miles. I was looking for the warranty paper work, but i just bought and there is no paper work in the truck about warranty. My understanding it was a 6 year 100k mile but what does it cover

thnx for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58