Question Oil leak??

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found a loose hpo hose going to the driver side of the block. What is needed to repair the leak & could this leak let air into the oil to caues a ( miss ) ? I tightened the line & it will still wiggle ?? Yea I need some help on a Sunday afternoon. Also how do you get to the turbo pedistal bolts ,or where are they? Thanks, twt.:dunno

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the hose leaking, or the connection to the pump/block? If it's leaking at the end, you probably just need new o-rings.

There are four turbo pedestal bolts, check the wiki here for a writeup I did on my truck. It will be the same process -- but a bit harder for your truck since the engine sits so far under the cowling.

Good luck..

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the leak is at the head end of the hose & I think it is a 0 ring. I will stop by the Ford dealer to get some 0 rings. I hope to solv 2 things at 1 time. I have been trying to solve a intermitent miss problem, about the same time as the oil leak.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's certainly a good place to start. I had a leaking oring, but didn't realize the slowly degrading state of the smoothness to my engine. Oh, what a difference a new one makes.

If you've got an international dealer close, you can get a much better price on o-rings...

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have A IH dealer about 35 miles away, so I stopped at Ford yesterday & got an 0 ring. Is this hard to put in, or simple like a garden hose? I have to work abunch of 12 hour nights & days & dont want to make a small leak a big one untill I have time to do it right.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty easy. I pulled my fuel housing & it was really easy to get to it, but I'm not sure if you have to or not. Probably take a couple of hours....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14