oil leak

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am leaking oil near the rear driver side valve cover and its running down all the way to my oil reservoir. Is it just a loose valve cover or do i have a serious problem here? HELP plz b/c this has got me worried.:confused:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Check the oil going to the turbocharger. If it is leaking it will run down the back of the motor near the heads.

Dave

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I looked at everything today and it looks like the turbo is not leaking, i climbed in the engine and underneath and all around the turbo is bone dry. If you take out the air filter and look @ the bottom of the FICM where all those valve cover nuts are, the rear bottom FICM bracket is covered in a thin coating of oil, my front valve cover nuts were loose so i tightened them up. Im looking to get a oil additive to try and stop the leak until i can bring it to my shop in MD and maybe replace the gaskets, any recommendations.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not think that you want to run an oil leak additive. Oi is what drives the injectors.

X2 !!

Find the leak and fix it. You might be skirting big trouble.. using those Miracle Cure additives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58