Oil Leak

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright been chasing this leak for a while now and here is my most RECENT diagnosis (as of 5min ago). I waited for the sun to get just right in the engine bay so I could see the HPOP good (couldnt see worth a crap w/ the shop light).

There is a little drop of oil in the plug going to the turbo for the EBPV (which I unlplugged), thought that was peculiar. Looking around, there was oil resting on the bottom of the bracket that holds the (for lack of a better term) "Y" piece that puts air from turbo to heads, its a bracket the same as the one that holds the Downpipe to turbo but smaller. I tightened that up real snug, it was a little loose but I wouldnt think oil would be coming out of there??

Then on the radiator side of the HPOP there is a blue hose coming out, there is oil right under that hose and it might possibly come out of there, looked a little oily. The oil then runs to the back of the HPOP bottom and then runs off the back of the block and drips off of the oil pan.

Looking at the pad or insulation on the inside of the hood there is a big wet looking spot (looks/smells like oil) so somehow its blowing up that far??

I dont know, thats what I see right now, it leaks the most after long hard drives but thats even just a few drops, enough to make me mad Sorry for the long post, let me know if you guys come up with anything, thanks.:D

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Just my thoughts but the transfer pump in front of the turbo and behind the HPOP are famous for leaking. mine leaked this winter when I started it up cold I had a hard time finding it.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mudwhistle,

Is it connected to the HPOP? When I look in there all I can see is the HPOP unless its right under the turbo??

Crumm,

Thanks I will check those out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14