Oil Leak

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an oil leak somewhere on the top of the motor. I changed my oil the other day and noticed a lot of oil underneath the truck (coming down the back of the block and coating the bellhousing). There isn't a lot of oil in the valley, but a little. The turbo pedastal looks coated in oil. Any ideas of where I should start looking?

f_250pstroke02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the oil fittings on your turbo?

Mine went out a few months ago and covered all of my intercooler piping, turbo and the back of my engine. Took it to the local stealership with the thought of a rear main seal leak(because of the oil on the back of the engine block and oil pan) and they told me it was the above mentioned problem. 2 days and $50 later, thanks to my warranty, it was fixed.

Just a thought

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem like this when I first got my truck it turned to be a plug in the back of the injection pump being loose and working it's way out. It's just something to check.

Just out of curiousity what organization do you pull the 2 wheel drive mod in?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'd look at the o-rings between the trubo and pedestal.

Also, look at the EBPV actuator in the pedestal, those things are known to leak on occassion.

high_tech_redneck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the lines that go from your High pressure oil pump to your heads, I have an Earily 99 and i had that problem, ford in all of their intelligence, put quick disconnects on the lines and they can start to leak after awhile, especially if you run mods.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I'd look at the o-rings between the trubo and pedestal.

Also, look at the EBPV actuator in the pedestal, those things are known to leak on occassion.

Yeah, this is where my leak came from. Mine sprayed oil onto the downpipe and I could see a black spot on it. Dealer wanted ~$900 to fix, I did it myself for ~$150 in parts. The new seal is much better than the original and should last longer. Took me about 6 hours but I was milking it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14