Oil lines

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just before i bought my truck i was reading a article about running a oil line from one head to the other.what dose this do? I have asked my buddies with powerstrokes and they dont know.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory configuration of the High pressure oil system has an output going from the hpop to each head. The firing order for these engines has 2 cylinders firing on each side in sequence therefore making a greater demand for high pressure oil on one side of the engine while excess (if you will) exists on the other. The HPX hose allows for the pressure to be equalized from one side to the other allowing for a more consistent system pressure and reducing localized areas of low pressure.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you, how do i do this,what do i need?

You simply buy a premade HPX line. They are available from many of the SDD site sponsors. some, have the install directions on their sites

Easy Mod to do, just follow the directions that come with the line. If you have any questions just ask them here. Any one of us that have the HX line.. would be more than glad to help.

Joe

dpantazis

Reaction score
buy one from a reputable vendor. the oil pressure is huge, you don't want a homemade line blowing on you. more than one case of a truck burning up when a HPOP line blew.
look at the top of the page for supporting vendor links

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14