Oil Pan/dipstick Leak

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've got the dreaded oil leak from the dipstick fitting in the oil pan. I recently saw a post where someone did a repair without having to pull the engine/ oil pan. But I'm having trouble locating that thread.

If someone recalls that thread and where it is, please chime in!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Update

I found this part number: 1846146c91 from International.

I think this is what I need. Anyone familiar with that kit?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man, I ain't EVEN looking forward to having to do that on my truck, and I come up with wild-ass tools & procedures all the time...

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
That's the thread I was thinking of. For some reason I thought it was here, guess that's why I had such a hard time finding it.:dunno Thanks

Well let me tell ya it's a *****. Make 100% sure what ever you use to hold the flange actually holds the flange. It is not magnetic and cannot be extracted from the pan one it falls it without "Major" effort. The International kit isn't necessary and it's expensive. I used the Ford O-ring and Hi-temp Black RTV and it sealed it great. Just coat the Oring heavy and let it get tack the coat the threads and the indentations real,real heavy.

Good luck.

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
It did not describe how the tube comes out of the flange. Is this just an o-ring? I would really like to replace my dipstick tube.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58