Question Oil pan hard replacing? Leaking, Not gasket, Puncture.

Diesel Dad

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The reason a repair bill will be around $2000 or more is exactly what JR said, the only CORRECT way to change the pan is to tear the nose off, radiator and CAC ect.... and pull the engine straight out, Ford states the engine has to be upside down and the silicone needs to cure for 24hrs, I have done about 25 since I started wrenching and trust me people out there will cut corners to avoid pulling the T444E..... :innocent

The Company whose doing mine said they have done about 30 also, $1,800 Total.
He was pretty much straight up with me, Said engine has to come out, Body up front nose. And he guarantees this Pan won't rust out. 3 day job he said, Mostly because they have others in front of me.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Takes 4 hours to, 2-3 friends, 1 ton engine hoist and in my case, some food and drinks for the help, and you'll have the 7.3 out, I just pulled mine last weekend .

dieseltech1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
check the valley good the high pressure pump can leak at the outlet fitting this runs down the back of the engine and looks like a pan or rear main seal leak there is an o-ring kit to repair a leak at the pump and can be done quickly if it is the pan the engine has to come out use ultra grey silicone and make very sure the surfaces are very very clean

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58