Oil pressure gauge

maniac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi pressure is for the injectors, so it would be the low pressure.

Also let me say this, my gauge is NOT electrical, I have a 1/4" line from the block to the gauge, thats what I consider the "real" gauge, reading back to your post you said you changed the sender. This means yours is an electrical gauge, correct?

If it is you still might have a bad sender, or maybe a bad ground, Cat doesn't recommend sealer on the threads of an electrical sender, did you put any on? Might be worth a try to change it again, only to be positively sure you have a problem.

I'd hate for you to tear into it when there is nothing wrong, on the other hand, I'd hate for you NOT to find out what it is either.

PAT.BMW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
maniac said:
Hi pressure is for the injectors, so it would be the low pressure.

Also let me say this, my gauge is NOT electrical, I have a 1/4" line from the block to the gauge, thats what I consider the "real" gauge, reading back to your post you said you changed the sender. This means yours is an electrical gauge, correct?

If it is you still might have a bad sender, or maybe a bad ground, Cat doesn't recommend sealer on the threads of an electrical sender, did you put any on? Might be worth a try to change it again, only to be positively sure you have a problem.

I'd hate for you to tear into it when there is nothing wrong, on the other hand, I'd hate for you NOT to find out what it is either.

When I checked it last I used a mechanical gauge directly in the place of the oil sending unit.

The good news is I still have a few months of power train warranty left, so I will let the Ford boys handle it.

PAT.BMW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
maniac said:
OK, keep us posted

Well after much discussion about the oil pump, oil pick up tube, main bearings or a new crank kit, they have decided to replace the short block.

Sounds like a great deal to me. :thumbs

It looks like when the original turbo came apart about 10k ago, it sucked up more little parts then we suspected.

PAT.BMW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PAT.BMW said:
It looks like when the original turbo came apart about 10k ago, it sucked up more little parts then we suspected.

I went to the shop today to look and the disassembled engine, and I can't believe it was still running, there was about an inch of metal in the oil pan that had been sucked into the oil pick up. The oil pump was scored (sp?) and there was so much play in the rod bearings, they could be moved side to side. The main bearings where also scored very bad. :eek:

The other good news is it should be done by the end of the week!

Last edited:

PAT.BMW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
PAT.BMW said:
The other good news is it should be done by the end of the week!

And they Delivered!!! Picked the truck up Friday night and it's like driving a new truck again! Even my wife noticied the engine is much quieter going down the road and under acceleration. Fuel mileage so far looks like it has gone up .5 to 21.6 combination driving.

:thumbs to Ford for fixing it with no B.S. and fixing it on time.

They said there is no break in for the new engine,but I think i will take it easy on it and change the oil after 2k.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out for you, its nice to hear success stories with warranty issues, seems all you ever hear are problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58