Oil pressure sending unit

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Does anyone know where the oil pressure sending unit is on a 97 350 7.3 ? Thanks

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I know on the SD's it's on the top of the HPOP reservoir. It's only an on/off switch that comes on once there's 7psi of oil pressure. It's not a "real" reading.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one on the top of the high pressure fuel pump is for the motor oil pressure? My guage on the dash says no oil pressure

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It's an oil pump not fuel pump. The reservoir is fed by the low pressure oil pump for the HPOP to produce the pressure needed for the injectors. The LPOP is what feeds the rest of the engine. The reservoir is where the gauge gets a reading. If it's reading 0, you may need a LPOP, or it's a bad sender.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I would lay bets on a bad sending unit. The engine would still run with a failing LPOP as long as it will provide enough volume to fill the HPOP reservoir. You should have a helluva low end knock with poor oil pressure. Find a place to screw in a manual gauge to check the pressure.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R.D How about you don"t respond to me any more. I' m trying to figure this stuff out, I don't need a lesson in abreviations

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
action4478 said:
R.D How about you don"t respond to me any more. I' m trying to figure this stuff out, I don't need a lesson in abreviations
Am I missing something here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14