oil storage

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
ive been collecting oil and have a lil now, but whats the expected life of it if its filtered and sealed in a tank, i still havent decided to go with either a bio (wvo )set up and mix it at home or (SVo) set up which is many more $$$$$$:confused: :confused:
thanks
:cowboy:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
For filtered/dewatered oil I'd say 1-2 years but I'd add a little biocide in the drums to protect against algae growth.

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
I've been researching homebrew bio

where would i get something like that

Here is a site where you can order the biocide to keep the nasties out.
Biodiesel Bacteria Treatment - Utah Biodiesel Supply
I have been looking into homebrewing my own bio for some time now. My only hold up is that collection of WVO is very difficult here in the Salt Lake Valley. There are collection agencies with a monopoly on collecting from all the restaurants, if they catch you they report you to the health department. But times are getting harder with diesel at $3.54 and Bio $3.25 at the pump.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
BlackBioBurner

hey what lind of milege do you get driven around slc provo area

BlackBioBurner

Full Size Newbie
Reaction score
I'll track it

I'll try and keep track from Wednesday through to the weekend and let you know what I'm getting. My truck was showing 9.3mpg average on the console display when I got it. I think the previous owner had it chipped and did a lot of hot rodding and mudding. I am rediculously more conservative so I am hoping for better mpg.
I'll let ya know man.:burnit

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
I had a half tote of corn oil sit over a year and mostly it was Ok. Some rancid stuff did occur but settled into a layer at the bottom. The stuff above it was fine and still titrated the same as when I got it (0.8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58