Oil??

ghostrider33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 F350 6.7 Diesel with 369,000 miles which about 1/2 is towing anything from a 26' trailer to a 40+' trailer all over the USA and Canada
I have always used Shell Rotella Synthetic and changed the oil every 15,000 miles and the fuel filter every 20,000 miles. I have also drained and flushed the radiator, transmission (synthetic) and rear end (synthetic) every 100,000 miles. I have also kept good shocks and Michelin tires on it. This is a great vehicle and if properly serviced it will last forever.

scottyb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow! A 2011 with 369K? That's probably the most I have ever heard about. I assume you bought it early when they came out, but that is still 123K / year. I'm guessing a hotshot rig?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Someone posted a video on another forum of an '11 with 500k+. No issues and routine maintenance performed as stated above. 369k is damn impressive.

ghostrider33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow! A 2011 with 369K? That's probably the most I have ever heard about. I assume you bought it early when they came out, but that is still 123K / year. I'm guessing a hotshot rig?

I delivered RV's with it heavy from the time I purchased it (22 Aug 11) until Christmas 2012 when I had 316,000 miles on it.
My wife and I have been delivering a few since then but not near as many.

Ford hit a home run in my opinion with this new engine.

The truck hasn't been perfect but no truck is.
I have had to replace the radiator at 275,000 because of a leak and had to replace 3 of the exhaust sensors before taking all that crap off.
Also had the blasted plastic in line fuel filter cap break out west. I would love to find an aluminum one of those.
I have had 1 head lamp go out and both turn signal lamps on the mirrors along with 1 rear license plate bulb.

Over all I guess I really have nothing to complain about considering the number of miles.

scottyb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would consider those items as normal wear. Sounds like perfection to me. My 2000 7.3 was like that. Of course I only put a mere 256K on it over 6 years.

I am very glad to hear reports like this since I now own two of them.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your working for a co that keeps you on the road, what kind of MPG are you showing for that 369,000 miles.
I would like to tow some but the dead head would kill me.
Doug

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 qts on these ( I just changed it so I know ) I change every 5000 with motorcraft 10w30 remember every time these regen your getting some fuel in the oil.

ghostrider33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I average 19 MPG (no hills) on highway with a no wind condition going 70 - 75 Miles an hour.
It varies greatly when towing our with any wind condition.

scottyb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am getting 13 - 14 (calculated, not computer) in every day driving with my DRW FX4. I live in the Texas Hill country so 40 mi / day is in hills and curves. The rest is in traffic and on construction right of ways. So, I would consider that pretty good for a rig that can pull 21K lbs. I have 22K on it already and it is 7 months old.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58