Oily intercooler?

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
I was taking off my exhaust manifold(passengerside) to takeout a broken bolt, when I noticed a lot of oil has been dripping from the turbo intercooler boot. Does all this oil go into the cooler? Does it clog it up and make it less efficient? Is there a drain? I want to replace these front boots and maybe clean out the tubes and the intercooler if necessary. Some advice would be appreciated. Does the CCV mod help solve this?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Check out this ARTICLE for the cure to oily boost tubes,boots and intercooler:sweet

Another mod for you to add to the list:cool:

Bill

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my CCV mod today. Thanks to lifted_up who sent me a piece of pipe.:thumbs I ran my tube to an old water filter that I got off of my pressure washer trailer. ( see pic below ) I still have to get a plug for the other end and another clamp. Do you think this will work, or do I need to just let it drip. I really don't know how much oil comes out of the CCV. I can just unscrew that round part hanging down and drain it every now and then. I saw on the TIKI that you can let it drain into the exaust but I don't weld and am not going to keep that exaust for long.
100_1098.jpg

100_1101.jpg

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It will work, but you must remember to empty the filter every so often. I would start at a month from now and gage it from there. Good solution.

Dave:)

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
That's a really cool mural on your tailgate depicting garbage day in the suburbs.:sweet :roflmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner said:
That's a really cool mural on your tailgate depicting garbage day in the suburbs.:sweet :roflmao
Dont laugh, it took his airbrush artist 3 days to get that mural just right...... seems the garbage men kept moving the can. :lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14