ok guys, newbee question

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just bear with me a bit. what all will i have to do to run bio in my 2003 f250 superduty it has a 6.0 psd and has about 50k on it. i have run red fuel in a pinch before and will it react with it. is there special finters guages, injectors, anythign i need to do to run bio in my 250? and what mixes should i run it at b10-b20-b100 etc?

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
No modifications are needed. Keep an extra filter with you tho just in case there is anything in the tank that the biodiesel will loosen

You can run any ratio you want, but not more than 100%:D

Ford only supports B5 tho, so if you're still under warranty that may concern you.

Biodiesel clouds and gels at fairly high temps. If you run B100 it may gel around 32*F or higher depending on feedstock. The more diesel you add the colder it can go.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Biodiesel mixes very well with #2 in any proportions. Ford officially recommends a maximum of %5 biodiesel but many run B-2 up to B-100 without a problem. B-20 is the most common blend. The red dye will stain your fuel system for some time. They purposely over dye the red for this reason.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been carrying a socket wrench and bucket to change out my filter is needed. I started to use bio this week and I am running B99. I have had no problems yet with it. One happy camper. :)

Dave

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Do not foget the plastic gloves, that can be a nasty job when on your way to pickup your date and your hands smell like fuel!
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14