Ok guys, shock time

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
What do you all use for aftermarket shocks? Edelbrock, Rancho, Bilstein, blah, blah, blah...?

I have a set of Edelbrock IAS's on my Chebby, but I really can't tell the difference between them and the old shocks.

suggestions greatly appreciated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins are the choice around here. I have some Pro Comps from 4 Wheel Parts and they are OK, but Bilsteins next time.

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We've had the Rancho 9000X (9 position) on the Excursion since Sept 2002,we've had zero issues with them and the selectivity comes in handy:sweet

I'd put them on my next truck.

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hello DigitalOxy I will give you My two cents I have Pro comp 9000 on My 2004 F-250 with My Leveling Kit I love them . Truck was way to smooth before Now It rides Like a Truck Scott

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys. I decided to go with the Edelbrocks. Only because it was friday afternoon, and wented to order them before Summit's shipping deadline. I don't need anything too extravagant like the Bilsteins (though, granted, Bilsty's are GREAT shocks), or the procomps (which sound pretty sweet as well).

I'll report back on how they do.

Also, is there a WiKi on shock replacement? If not, I can do a write up with pics.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I just put on my new Bilsteins and they are great. It is funny how much better my truck rides now. There is no need for a WIKI on the shocks. It is an unbolt and bolt up process. The only thing to watch out for is the gas pressure in the shocks. It can extend the shocks before you get them on. You can press them down again and strap them down with wire if you need to.

Dave

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Eh. I've got experience with bilsteins, but I can't justify the price.

Shocks are already done, I know it's a pretty straight forward job, but let's face it; There are people out there who don't even know how to open the hood of a vehicle, let alone change shocks... but are willing to learn. That's who I wanted to write a how-to for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14