OK, I just fell in LOVE at the Texas State Fair!!!!!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wonder if they will come out with a FORD edition ? you know remind folks who they really are and not having an identity crisis.
the hd versions always remind me of this little story.

"On a farm lived a chicken and a horse who loved to play together.

One day, the two were playing when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink. Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer. Off the chicken ran looking for help, but realized the farmer had gone to town on the tractor. Running around, the chicken sees the farmer's new Harley. He finds the keys in the ignition.
The chicken speeds off (with rope) hoping he still has time to save his friend's life.
Back at the bog, the horse was happy to see the chicken arrive on a shiny Harley. The chicken ties one end of rope to the back of the Harley and tosses the other end to his buddy.
The horse manages to get a hold of the rope. The chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful motorcycle, rescued the horse.

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit and soon began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life. The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle. Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thingy (used in lieu of the alternative to avoid the post police), and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story?

When you're endowed like a horse, you don't need a Harley to pick up a chick."

the FORD edition.
one made to work and pull heavy loads but still have nice interiors and a BS/HS cleaning grate on the running boards, thick saddle leather with bun coolers,
I agree thats just to much HD crap :eek:

anywho
Ford isnt going to give up the hd editions or kr or anything else that makes folks feel like they belove to a group or accepted

Its a big $$$$ for ford, Gm would love to have the hd badged trucks. HD is an icon for many folks whether they own one or not or even ride. is there an OCC or west coast choppers version???? how bout an Indian version, it would be bankrupt
What happened the eddie bauer editons??
look at how well dc has over used the HEMI badging, even though a hemi design of the 60's is so out dated to modern internal combustions engines, folks still identify with HEMI as a the one to beat.

for the most part folks need to feel like they are a part of something, it gives them self worth and mental stability, face it. lots of folks here are part of a great group whether they think about it or not,
could we get a superdutydiesel edition????

i say if your boat floats on a hd or amarillo or kr or lariat or what ever, then go for it. BE HAPPY

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I totally agree with ya mike. it all depends on personal pref.

I love the '05 to '07 harley F-series just the way they are (especially the med. wedgewood blue color) and I'm sure the '08's will grow on me more and more.

I dont think that just because you buy a harley truck, you have to own the HD motorcycles.

I love my Lariat, but am constantly adding my OWN touch to it. thats what makes us all individuals.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You can get H-D candy, clothes, boots, jewelry, beer, glasses, shades, books, parts, accesories, wallets, purses, music, sneakers, watches, etc. It is one of the worlds most recognized trademarks. I have 3 of the damn things in my garage and have ridden nothing but H-D for the last 28 years. But I can't imagine tooling around in that truck. All it needs is the huge, chrome plated trailer hitch [has to be pristine and NEVER dirty or greasy] and its complete. The older trucks that were a little more subtle IMHO were sweet [95_stroker] with the ghost flames, but this is a little over the top. Again, just an opinion.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't ride HD's or any other motorcycle, but I love the HD sound!! The salesman that I've dealt with for over 20 years has a HD that he rides to work occasionally (usually on Saturdays or when he's sold his demo). He almost always drives a 250 PSD Crew Cab demo, and sometimes it's a HD edition.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just fell in Love. How much to they give you if you sell a Kidney? HAHA To bad it will 2020 buy the time I can afford the 08. LOL Hope to have one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg