comment Old Gas Pumps can't handle high prices

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Old gas pumps can't handle high prices Yahoo! News
capt.16dc0bb23fc24f18a93b79ada456177b.old_gas_pumps_wajg101.jpg

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it makes me sick knowing the economy is so bad that they cant afford to buy newer pumps, and that the price of fuel is so high these old pumps are obsolete. i feel for the "little guy" gas station.

on the flip side..............

THIS IS WHY WE LEARN BASIC MATH! WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!!! we have filled up the race hauler at plenty of places with ancient pumps, and they are set to $1 and mom/pop DO THE MATH. if you are uncapable, there are things called calculators.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stinks of a business owner that hasnt invested or kept UP w/
current technology !

I havent seen a "rolling" number pump more than 10 years...and i
STILL remember the last one i SAW (at a stuckeys in amarillo).

all they have to do is set the dollar "price at 1/2" the actual price and
then DOUBLE the payment...just like they didn YEARS ago (when pumps
wouldnt read more than $0.99 (cents)

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
it makes me sick knowing the economy is so bad that they cant afford to buy newer pumps, and that the price of fuel is so high these old pumps are obsolete. i feel for the "little guy" gas station.

on the flip side..............

THIS IS WHY WE LEARN BASIC MATH! WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!!! we have filled up the race hauler at plenty of places with ancient pumps, and they are set to $1 and mom/pop DO THE MATH. if you are uncapable, there are things called calculators.

I feel for the little guy too. Seems more and more people are havin difficulty doin the math these days.:rolleyes:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
We have an old CITGO that has the roll up pumps.

If diesel is 4.00 per gallon, they have to put it at 2.00 per gallon and then double it when you pay inside

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
last time i was in SC, i saw an ancient pump that was still in operation....it was the kind that had the glass graduated bowl up high, and the amount of fuel you wanted got pumped into the bowl then gravity fed into your tank. it was awesome. i love antiques that are still in operation.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
We have an old CITGO that has the roll up pumps.

If diesel is 4.00 per gallon, they have to put it at 2.00 per gallon and then double it when you pay inside

You can pay inside still??? :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last time i was in SC, i saw an ancient pump that was still in operation....it was the kind that had the glass graduated bowl up high, and the amount of fuel you wanted got pumped into the bowl then gravity fed into your tank. it was awesome. i love antiques that are still in operation.

We have one like that out here. Now'n then I take our WindStar over there'n Top Off.. just to watch it work. Takes 2, hand pumped, 10 gallon bowls full to gitr dun.. but neat to pump & watch.

Love that OLD Stuff too. ;tu

Good ol' fashioned Burger'n Fryz too.

Last edited:

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a grocery chain gas station near my house with very modern pumps (less than 10 years old) that has big digital fuel price signs. Apparently the sign programmer can't go over $3.99 as they had to put put up a big metal "4" over the top of the digital in the dollars position. Go figure! Diesel was $4.22 today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14