comment Old Gas Pumps can't handle high prices

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
We have a grocery chain gas station near my house with very modern pumps (less than 10 years old) that has big digital fuel price signs. Apparently the sign programmer can't go over $3.99 as they had to put put up a big metal "4" over the top of the digital in the dollars position. Go figure! Diesel was $4.22 today.

you would think that after "Y2K" there wouldnt be issues like this, that software engineers would have the forethought to program/engineer electronics to handle the FUTURE.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you would think that after "Y2K" there wouldnt be issues like this, that software engineers would have the forethought to program/engineer electronics to handle the FUTURE.

the developers fixed it...now you gotta pay to have the software
updated ;)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good Point. But Who knew the World Oil Cartel/Industry would be doing what they're doing ? (and getting away with it)

Just a thought.

Saw Diesel for $4.89 at a Chevron yesterday.

Last edited:

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
Good Point. But Who knew the World Oil Cartel/Industry would be doing what they're doing ? (and getting away with it)

Just a thought.

Saw Diesel for $4.89 at a Chevron yesterday.

same here.
really bites that it's 80 cents more than regular.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a theory............not sure if I am on board with it.

Pat Dollard | Young Americans | Blog Archive » The Fleet Positions Itself For War

Tbar

A good read T. ;tu

I agree with the part about MAKING us conserve. All other Fuel related things havent worked, like: using Mass Transit, Car Pooling and so on. I know it's (conserving) worked with me (us).... I happened to notice (?) I fueled up 2 weeks ago and my fuel gauge hasn't moved off the Full Peg yet.

As for the FRP ? Having worked for the DOD for 45 years ? I'm getn Tremors. I'm not a Crystal Ball or Deja Vu type.. But I'm getn Tremors.

The next 10 years are going to be VERY interesting... In Just My Humble Little Opinion.

:dunno

On Edit ? What happened to Adm. Fallon, Happened to Gen. MacArthur & Gen. Westmorland.... Look what that got us.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14