Old things

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wife and I were talking this morning, and remembering her very first brand new car. She was 23 and bought a brand new 1965 Malibu SS 327 4 spd. She has all the paperwork for that car today. $3,460 for that car. Base price was $2,647 before extras. I Married her six years later, and made her sell that Chevy... :eek:
Also she brought out her bobby pins, hair curlers etc. that she used when she was 15 years old. "She keeps everything".
Yes, the good old days, when everything was "Made In America".
How many of you know what a bobby pin is? I think they disappeared in the 60's or 70's.
You young guys need to take something new and put it into a vault, so that when you are in your 60's and 70's you can bring it out and remember the good old days. Who knows what life will be like 50 years from now. The very first thing that I remember owning was a red wagon. "yes they did have round wheels then" .
What was the first thing you remember owning, that you did not have to share with your siblings.
Maybe in 50 years you will be saying,,, Boy this world is going to the dogs, you can't buy anything from Taiwan any more.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, safe something from your youth, like your favorite CD's. They will be gone in a few years.

Dave

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also she brought out her bobby pins, hair curlers etc. that she used when she was 15 years old. "She keeps everything".
Yes, the good old days, when everything was "Made In America".
How many of you know what a bobby pin is? I think they disappeared in the 60's or 70's.

I know what they are (but I'm not that young either). A women in front of me at WalMart a couple days ago was buying some so they are still around.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Made In USA Toys..................... circa 1963 :D

Tbar

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58