ONE MORE SEASON ?

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I'm glad they are doing another season, this one will probably the last.
I dropped HBO after the last season, Ill have to pick it back up when the 6th season starts. Thats the only thing I watched on HBO :D

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BROKER said:
Supranos filming another season right now . Who is a fan ? :sweet

I really liked the first 2 seaons, the 3rd was ok, but l think it's gone downhill. (I enjoyed it when Tony used to have to run down people who didn't pay their gambling debts, etc. :) )

That being said I'll still look forward to it. :)

Deadwood on HBO isn't too bad. I find myself having to listen to the dialog so closely to understand what's being said that it's a challenge. :)

Have a good one,
Dave

Max Power

Reaction score
I am Soprano's #1 biggest fan. Apparantly season 6 will be out in January. I have season 5 pre-ordered on DVD, it has been forever coming. Supposed to be available some time in June I believe. I am watching all the seasons over again in anticipation for my season 5 DVDs.

Season 1 and 2 were the best by far. Season 3 and 4 were ok but not as good as season 1 and 2. Season 5 was a bit dissapointing compared to the rest but still top notch entertainment.

I wish it would never end but Season 6 will be the end. HBO has to be the slowest operating company I have ever seen. If they would have released 1 season per year followed by a quickly released DVD they could have done a lot better with it IMO.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I am Soprano's #1 biggest fan. Apparantly season 6 will be out in January. I have season 5 pre-ordered on DVD, it has been forever coming. Supposed to be available some time in June I believe. I am watching all the seasons over again in anticipation for my season 5 DVDs.

Season 1 and 2 were the best by far. Season 3 and 4 were ok but not as good as season 1 and 2. Season 5 was a bit dissapointing compared to the rest but still top notch entertainment.

I wish it would never end but Season 6 will be the end. HBO has to be the slowest operating company I have ever seen. If they would have released 1 season per year followed by a quickly released DVD they could have done a lot better with it IMO.

I agree, you lose interest because of the long lead-time. I think originally the writers had only planned on 3 seasons, so I think that's why Season 4 was such a turd. Am I the only one who hated the episode this year when Tony checked into the hotel room and the whole show was dream-sequences? I almost gave up on it with that one . . .

I was really disappointed in what they did with Tony's cousin too . . .I think they could've done quite a bit more with that storyline.

Have a good one,
Dave

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Part of the problem with the delay in seasons were the lawsuits and salary battles that went on after season 3. Gandolfini sued HBO and then they sued his agent I believe. Eventually they all settled it and Gandolfini fired his agent and got a big piece of the action including some bonuses from HBO. Evidently he handed out 5 and 6 figure checks as gifts to some of the regular cast members to celibrate that.
There were some other lawsuits against the developers of the series because of claims that the original idea was stolen. I need to get the first 2 seasons on DVD. I have 3 and 4 and will get 5 when it comes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14