One Piece Drive Shaft Solves All

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Installed one piece drive shaft after trying to get rid of a off the line vibration for about a year. It began by installing a 3" lift. Final damage-$$ 287.00.

30 of it was the shims for the carrier bearing that did not help.

257 for the shaft with free install by local store.:burnit

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great... all I have to do now is convince the tards at my dealership this is the problem. What all did they change out before this?

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
My shudder or vibration was not present stock. My problem was because of an after market lift I did not take my truck back to the dealer the only thing I tried before the shaft was the carrier bearing shims.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy the drive shaft from and what is the part number? Just in case if and when I do decide to do some modifications to my truck.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Joey, I am at work right now when I get home tonight Ill get back to ya but I do not believe there is a part number I believe it was fabed up by a driveline shop. I went through 4 Wheel Parts and they have a driveline shop they use and is more then likely not a chain. What might be of use to you is the deal I received from 4 Wheel parts. I do not know if there down there but I paid only about 258 for the shaft w/free install.

The lowest shaft I found to do it myself was 300+. The manager there said he felt sorry for us Superduty owners with that two piece.

Side note: One piece feels like it gave the truck a bit more torque.
The manager also warned of a little bit of a harmonic sound at high speeds. I been over 85 and I turned the stereo off to listen and I did not hear the sound.

JustMeandMyZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm up here in Austin, TX right now and I know they have a couple of 4wheel part stores around here and also in San Antonio. When I have time, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the info!

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
No problem. I am all ready three sheets to the wind and I still need to verify there is no part number. If there is, Ill post it in the morning. It is alredy getting kind of cold out here. I might just go out so I can get used to it.

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
4 Wheel Parts is a joke. Make sure you get your driveshaft through a drive line shop. Make sure they know what you're doing with your truck and get the heaviest walled tube that'll still balance. I've twisted up many a driveshaft in all my 4 wheel drives, and had a buddy twist one out of his scout getting on the freeway and wound up on his side at the top of the ramp... thin wall tubing was to blame in most of the failures in cluding the Scout, rocks and other "foreign objects" were to blame in the others ;)

I can reccomend Jesse at www.highangledriveline.com He won't be the cheapest, but he'll be the best.

I'm new here and don't know if you guys like reading and doing your hoomework, but here's an in depth driveline article to help you out if interested.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-shaft/index.html

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Four wheel parts does not make this drive shaft. The shaft comes from a local driveline shop. The paticular shop they go through may suck, I do not know, my shaft is holding up just fine so far. I talked to the shop prior to going through four wheel parts and they explain the cheaper price is only because the amount of buisness they are being sent and they are also taking the old shaft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58