Oops #2

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
how do you like these little pains in the butt!!!!

the 1st and 3rd pictures taken 3/27/08

the 2nd and 4th pictures taken tonight

ford wants almost $1k to redo door and fender....:eek::rant:eek::dunno

both areas are getting worse - ovbiously...

oh oh better get maaco??????

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
how do you like these little pains in the butt!!!!

the 1st and 3rd pictures taken 3/27/08

the 2nd and 4th pictures taken tonight

ford wants almost $1k to redo door and fender....:eek::rant:eek::dunno

both areas are getting worse - ovbiously...

oh oh better get maaco??????

That spot at the rear of the window opening seems to be a problem spot for corrosion.

I'm thinking about putting Herculiner on the bottom 12" or so of my fenders, rocker panels & doors. The stuff brushes or rolls on and comes in several colors. It looks like the ideal thing for someone like me who is much better with a wrench set than with a paint gun.

Herculiner demo videos

I've got some pics of a truck with the Herculiner on the sides. It looks pretty sharp.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
it is NOT from salt..

fender is from hitting a snow bogger while plowing which folded in the flap crushing the paint..

the door is from a bad paint job...passenger door is doing same thing..popping (bubbling) from underneath...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better, my windows are doing the same thing...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
NICE GUYS....

that only tells me it is a 'defect' in the painting process as it sounds like it is a re-occuring problem

i plan on going to the garage tomorrow

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most def. It looked like rust to me at first, but if it is not, it is purely bad prep work. How long has that paint been on there? a good shop should be able to go into the problem areas only and fade and cut/ buff it back into the good areas.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
update:
well the ford garage collision center said 'yep, no problem we will fix the bondo crack - i will need the truck for 3 days.":eek:

i guess it takes 3 days for paint to dry.....:lmao

tried to get the door deal done for little to none $$ too, but did not work:rant
they want $550 for that little repair:doh: guy thought maybe the moulding was installed wrong and rubbing - nope not the case. then said perhaps they could adjust the door alignment since it is 'tighter' than the rear and the only way to have that done is to physically w/ 2 guys and a 2x4 bend out the top window half of the door......:eek::eek: i think i will wait on that one:dizzy

so it goes in next friday for 3 days and i get a loaner....can't wait to see what that will be:watchout

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58