open door indicator wont turn off

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
open door indicator wont turn off, its been acting up for a few days but now my lights dont turn off for ever now , and the dang indicator light stays on saying door open but none are, i have no clue where the switch is for it to fix it, its not like my old chevy :dunno

any suggestions

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
if you wait till the light times out, you can open one door at a time if the light comes on its not that door, it will be the door that does not turn on the light when opened that has the prob. I'd guess its the driver door.I've heard of some that sprayed wd40 into the switch and freed it up but that didn't work for me.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Switch is inside the door latch. WD-40 worked for me on 3 of 4 doors but they all eventually went bad.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
WD40 does work, but you need to use the whole can..
when we say "hose it down" we mean HOSE is down.. :tounge

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
so actually in the door???? really so just spray the latch or up in side through the latch

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I thought it was part of the thing near the hinges that goes in/out of the door. :dunno

I guess you could call it a opening limiter. There is a little dimple on top of the thing that I thought a switch contact rides in.

I dunno, I'm probably being delusional this morning. :CRAZY

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the latch is right as you open the door is were I spray. I put the little tube on the there and just move it all around. It has worked on all my doors a couple of times.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the switches are only about $18. bucks...

can of WD40 is what, $5.50?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do this on all our fords, and it's worked for all of them so far, just spray some WD-40 in there, and open and close it a few times. It doesn't take a whole can for me either. Not even a 1/4 can. Oh, and WD-40 isn't that expensive, 16 oz cans can be had for less than 4 bucks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya