Opera 8.0 with text to speech feature

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded the brand new Opera 8.0 web browser and it has a super neat feature built in.

Text to SPEECH conversion.

Highlight a bunch of text, and it will read it out loud to you.

You have to turn the speech funtion on in PREFERENCES, and it downloads an additional 10 megs of data (on top of the 3 megs that the base browser needs).

The mouse gestures are nice too. Hold the left click button and twitch your hand left or right and you can go forward and back. Much faster than hitting the FORWARD and BACK buttons. (useful if you dont have a 5 button mouse with F and B already loaded into the buttons).

Opera is also less pop-up vulnerable, and much more secure than IE.

Diesel Music

Clan McQueen
Reaction score
I tried Opera and couldn't get used to it. For myself I found Firefox more to my liking. :dunno :D

ArlieEdwards

Arlie
Reaction score
I just got introduced to Firefox and like it. However, IE has a function that I like better. I can put an icon for Frontpage at the top of IE then go to a page on my web site. When I click on the Frontpage icon, it loads the current web page in Frontpage..ready for editing.

Under Firefox, I can put the Frontpage icon on the menu of Firefox, but it will only open Frontpage, then I have to load the web site in Frontpage, and then go to the page I want to edit.

However, I will admit that Mozilla, Firefox is much faster than IE. Which means that I use FireFox most of the time, except when I want to edit my web site.

Arlie

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
firefox

I tried it, but could not find a way to move my IE favorites over to it.
I have many sites that I visit.(diesels, machine tools, steam engines, etc)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'd hafta to take a gander at the new Opera on Friday for the speech feature :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14