Operation 08 Tailgate complete!

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Got 'er done! Just thought I would share some pics. 08 tail lights are on the way as well.

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
Sweet Josh. Looks good.

Thanks Stephen...I owe you a big thanks on the Wiki. I would not have even known about this mod if it wasn't for you.
I bought the tailgate complete off of craigslist for $250...it was damaged a little.
I took it to the bodyshop and got it fixed and sprayed for a little over $250.
I had to buy the trim new and the driver's side hinge...so I've got a little less than $550 in it. I don't know how that compares to everybody else.

I also ordered the whole jimi jammer line...how does that gate keeper mount? Do you have to take the tailgate off?
They now also have a jimi jammer for the 08 tailgate handles. :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Stephen...I owe you a big thanks on the Wiki. I would not have even known about this mod if it wasn't for you.
I bought the tailgate complete off of craigslist for $250...it was damaged a little.
I took it to the bodyshop and got it fixed and sprayed for a little over $250.
I had to buy the trim new and the driver's side hinge...so I've got a little less than $550 in it. I don't know how that compares to everybody else.

I also ordered the whole jimi jammer line...how does that gate keeper mount? Do you have to take the tailgate off?
They now also have a jimi jammer for the 08 tailgate handles. :sweet

There is a picture of the tailgate keeper in my gallery. All you have to do is remove the torx bolt, put he keeper over the hinge and then re-insert the torx bolt. Easy as pie.

As a matter of fact, Steve at Truck Security used me as a guinia pig for the 2008 tailgate jimmy jammer. It works really good.

Glad the write-up helped, that's what we are all here for. I have learned so much from so many members on here.

Just pass on the knowledge to the next person, and so on and so on.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen always at the forefront of innovation...awesome.

Well I don't know about that now :rolleyes:

He was looking for someone on here to install it on a 2008 model, which they were just starting to come out. No one on SDD had a 2008 model yet, but somehow he found out I had a 2008 tailgate on my '04, so it just all worked out. I installed, did a write-up for Steve and I got the jimmy jammer for what S&H cost him to send it to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58