opinion on the 6.4

jto89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was looking for some feedback on the 6.4. ive been toying with the idea of getting a new truck cuz mine needs around 5 grand worth of work so ive just been trying to figure whether to fix mine or just bight the bullet and buy a new one. I was looking at the dealership and they had a 2010 f350 diesel 4x4 ex cab shortbed, the same thing i have now and they had the same truck with a 5.4 gas motor too. I plow snow in the winter and do some light towing in the summer ( usually my quads and maybe a landscape trailer here and there). Any input would be great. Thanks in advance Jack

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You could fix yours, I am not sure what is wrong with it, but you could upgrade those parts and make the truck you already own more bullet proof and / or powerful than before for just a little more money. I see you have at lease a few mods on your current truck, remember the 6.4 has it's own issues too. Removal of the dpf is ILLEGAL, there is a misterious ticking some people cannot get rid of, I just found out that the radiator is mounted too rigidly, therefore costing more money in repairs when you get of the warranty period, it is cramped under the hood making it harder to work on. Just my thoughts.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
New Truck

I noticed you plow with your current truck and thought I would let you know something, starting in 2011 all trucks for the state of Mass have to be over 10,000lbs with a 9 footer no smaller, if your working the truck year round and it makes you money then a newer truck with the GVW will make you more. 2003 is only a 9900lb chassis but in 2004+ they all got heavier springs in the rear, coils in the front and an over all higher GVW which makes a big difference in money for pushing snow. So unless your attached to your truck like me and can't let it go I would consider a new rig, plus the warranty is good on the Powerstroke. Maybe fixin yours and a new one to add might be a good thing to.:D

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i wanted to get on the list to plow for the state but my buddy told me that they don't want any more SRW trucks on plus i only have an 8' plow.

Fine69

Reaction score
I noticed you plow with your current truck and thought I would let you know something, starting in 2011 all trucks for the state of Mass have to be over 10,000lbs with a 9 footer no smaller, if your working the truck year round and it makes you money then a newer truck with the GVW will make you more. 2003 is only a 9900lb chassis but in 2004+ they all got heavier springs in the rear, coils in the front and an over all higher GVW which makes a big difference in money for pushing snow. So unless your attached to your truck like me and can't let it go I would consider a new rig, plus the warranty is good on the Powerstroke. Maybe fixin yours and a new one to add might be a good thing to.:D

They actually changed for 2005 model year.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Thanks

Yea I meant that, new models are out mid to late the previous year, good catch, sometimes I don't read as I type.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim