Optima battery info

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
johboy
you know my 92 f250 going down the highway for long periods the volt meter would run up to 16 or so then i would have to click the window switch a few times to draw a large surge and she would go back to normal, I had to replace several volt regulators.
the 2002 was justt the opposite, barely charge at extended runs.

rolling the dice on the 06, no volt guage yet so who knows:eek: :eek:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
They took out the volt meter and replaced it with the transmission temperature gauge. Both are idiot lights with a pointer. I missed the volt meter at first, but not now. A secondary gauge pack with a volt meter and a real temp gauge is your only choice that I know of.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
They took out the volt meter and replaced it with the transmission temperature gauge. Both are idiot lights with a pointer. I missed the volt meter at first, but not now. A secondary gauge pack with a volt meter and a real temp gauge is your only choice that I know of.

Dave

dave
yep my factory tranny guage showed green this mornign while my engine temp was still COLD
but my real tranny temp gauge never got off 100 all the way to work
it was Freaking cold today 13 F, its up to 25 now:D

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
My last set of Motorcraft batteries lasted almost 10 years as well. In my old 86. And so far no problems with the new truck. Although I do like the feedback I see from everyone on the Optimas.

Reaction score
Can't remember exactly what year at the moment - but early 90's I bought a yellow top Optima (bought it through the local Interstate Distributer) for my E150. In 2000 I bought a new F150 and put that same battery in it. When I traded that truck in the following year (for the 01 F350) I took it out and put it in my wife's 2000 Crown Vic - and it's still there today. Soooo - yep - I've got no problems with them.

Ron

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
10 Years is FAR from normal and I would say you got real lucky.
Not far from normal up here. Heat is the number one killer of battery's and heat is one thing we don't have. We might get a week or two of 80 degree weather in the summer but most of our weather is what you might call below normal. As long as you keep a battery charged -60 will not hurt it or decrease its life at all but a summer of 90 degree weather will take a few years of the life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg