Optimas vs. Mega Trons

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I need batteries, driver's side shows bad. I've used Interstates in my gasser pickups from the past, and I use Optimas in my performance 2nd generation F-body toys. Well this vehicle falls under both categories :D! Do I take my hot rod habits and get the Optimas or the daily driver taste and get the Interstates?

I know a couple guys around here that spent the $$ for the Optimas. I asked them why and they pretty much bought the name. I can reason buying one for a car where the battery's in the trunk. Now buying two that's a little hard.

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
I need batteries, driver's side shows bad. I've used Interstates in my gasser pickups from the past, and I use Optimas in my performance 2nd generation F-body toys. Well this vehicle falls under both categories :D! Do I take my hot rod habits and get the Optimas or the daily driver taste and get the Interstates?

I know a couple guys around here that spent the $$ for the Optimas. I asked them why and they pretty much bought the name. I can reason buying one for a car where the battery's in the trunk. Now buying two that's a little hard.

I wished I had bought the optimas for my truck. With the stage II intake I now have its that much more room for airflow, plus I get occasion leakage from my intersates :cussing: I also run an optima in the hotrod. Bryan

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:

:dunno I popped for 2 850cca Optimas, at Sears. Pricey but I like'm. Had'm about 6 months now... No leaks, No mess, No terminal build-up, no scaley crap in the trays, no gas/vapor smells.

My first Gell Cells but I think I'm sold on'm. Just put one in the wifes WindStar.

JOE

runnindiesel

yeppers....
Reaction score
i will definately go optimas in my truck when it comes time i had one in my hotrod also like everybody else, theyre great batteries and never had a problem

ytee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
runnindiesel said:
i will definately go optimas in my truck when it comes time i had one in my hotrod also like everybody else, theyre great batteries and never had a problem

I have had Optimas in my truck for about 4 years with no problems. I like them and would buy again.

Chris

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
plus I get occasion leakage from my intersates :cussing: I also run an optima in the hotrod. Bryan

I get a little leakage from my Interstates too. I almost got the Pptimas too.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well looks unanimous! :roflmao

I'm going with the Optimas. :sweet I've had leakage too with my past Interstates. -mad Now I've got to figure out what on my "mods to-do list" gets pushed back. :D

POWERSTROKEN

"Don't RAM it..STROKE it"
Reaction score
I have 4 yellow tops in my PSD van and I have no complaints. I have alot of extra elecrtical goodies so I went for the yellow tops. Jim

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
What is the average price of the optimas? What is the diff in yellow and red tops?

E

ytee

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The red tops are regular starting batteries and the yellow tops are deep cycle. I think you can get the red tops for around 125.00, not sure about the yellow tops.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58