Options List Questions

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down to the local Ford dealer and got an options list printed for my truck so I know exactly what equipment is on it. After looking it over I have a couple questions. The truck is a 2005 F250 crew cab short box.

1. Heavy duty alternator - what's the amperage? Mine has the HD alternator.

2. Rear axle package? My truck is listed as not having the rear axle package but I'm curious what the package is.

3. Mrkt Comb-SD Airbag Drvr/Pass? Obviously being a 2005 my truck has airbags and the driver and passenger airbags are listed separately elsewhere on the sheet so I was wondering if anyone knew what this is.

4. Special equipment packages - with camper pack. What does this add to the truck? I know it's for carrying a camper but what does it change?

08SuperDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1) I know for my 08 Super Duty, the HD alternator is a 200 amp.
2) Don't know
3) Don't know
4) I believe what the camper package does is upgrade the stiffness of the springs to the "next level" of spring if the truck doesn't already have the stiffest ones from the factory on them for another reason. I don't remember if it was all the springs or for some reason I think it may have just upgraded the fronts.

What I would do if i were you would be to try to find the advertising handbook the dealers give away for the truck for your year truck. I have the one for my truck and it describes all that in detail. I know it may seem hard but ebay has A LOT of stuff on it . . . good luck:D

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THis was taken from my sales brouchure thing...

1. The standard alternator should be a 130 amp unit. The twin alt setups are two of the same, for 260 amps. If you got 4x4 diesel with the snow plow prep package, then you got a 140 amp alt.

2. Not sure...there is only one axle option, and that one has an extra pair of wheels on each end. The dually could also be had either 3.73 or 4.10 ratio. The only thing that could be changed is if you did or did not have the limitid slip diff.

3. No clue.

4. Camper package includes a heavier rated front spring, unless the truck was already equiped with the heaviest, a rear stabilizer bar, a slide-in camper certification, and auxiliary rear springs where not standard.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
im interested on doing this for my truck too AK Rover. did you just to have to give them your VIN #?

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took the VIN to the parts counter and the printed out the list for me. It was pretty basic but was good enough for what I wanted to know.

My main reason for getting the list was I wanted to know if the color-keyed bumpers were part of an optional package or a separate thing. I was thinking maybe it was a different sub-package of the XLT trim. All that was listed for the trim was XLT and the front and rear bumpers were listed as painted, color matched.

BigRedXLT

NoLongerJunior
Reaction score
There was an XLT Sport pkg in 2005 which included color-keyed bumpers & grille bars, chrome step bar, fog lights, slider rr window (non-pwr) & couple other specifics.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an XLT Sport pkg in 2005 which included color-keyed bumpers & grille bars, chrome step bar, fog lights, slider rr window (non-pwr) & couple other specifics.

That sounds like exactly what I have. I have the chrome steps, fog lights, rear slider (which is useless since even with my monkey arms I can't reach from the driver seat), and chrome grille. I want to change to color-keyed grille, mirrors and door/tailgate handles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim