Ordered An SCT Today

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, after reading so many posts about the SCT custom tunes that some are doin out there, and the many benefits that you can get from the SCT, i put in my order today from elite.

here are following tunes and other changes he is gonna put on mine.

TUNE #1
Tow: A gain of 30rwhp/60 ft-lbs of torque is the average gain from the tow file. To keep cylinder pressures at International’s recommended level this file is not as powerful as our High-Torque version but is still an excellent towing file for owners who wish to gain a slight amount of power and fuel economy yet still trying to keep reliability high.

TUNE #2
High-Power: The High-Power file is our most popular file. An easy gain of 100rwhp/200 ft-lbs of torque is the result of this tuning file. Many customers use this file 90% of the time. This will enable your truck to get out of the way of most oncoming traffic with ease.

TUNE #3
Insanity: Our Hot Street/Race file. Peak power was the main concern of this tuning file. Up to 150hp/250 ft-lbs of torque is gained. Street drivability is still present but at a little less ease than the factory calibration. 13 second quarter mile times have been achieved with our Insanity file. A version of this file is what we run in our 700hp 6.0L’s.

Here are the following options that elitewill add to all 3 tunes.

Options that can be added to each file listed above:

EGR Cancel: This function turns off the EGR valve for off-road or non-emission applications. This feature also helps to stop heat flashing of the coolant in the EGR cooler which can result in a loss of coolant out the overflow tank.

Aggressive Tow-Haul: Improve the function of your Tow-Haul to the more aggressive form of the 2003 6.0L trucks. This helps improve the stopping capability for towing applications.

Locked Converter on Deceleration: This will keep the torque converter locked up during deceleration rather than unlocking once the accelerator pedal is released.

Locked Converter on Acceleration: This will add lock up of the torque converter in 2nd and 3rd gears as well as the existing 4th and 5th gears. This feature will make the truck faster and improve upon the acceleration of the truck.

Quicker and Smoother Tranny Shifts

Enable the engine fan to come on at 10* sooner to keep things cool.

i cant wait to get it. should be pretty awesome :thumbs

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well,

good! :sweet

Hope your tranny, turbo, and tires can take it...:roflmao

You seem to have a history destroying such items...

:sorry

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
tryin to be a comedian ain't gonna get them tractors fixed country boy roy!

;) :D :roflmao

BTW, did you get the day off? i've been seein your name on here all day long.

:sly :D :tounge

PS, the tranny is the only thing i have destroyed on my own, thank you very much. :burnit

Last edited:

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Stephen you will be very happy with that for sure. Much better than your banks stuff. I see a name change coming your way. BAMASCT or BAMAELITE or BAMA'S INSANE

Just funning with ya Stephen. Enjoy the new toy.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen you will be very happy with that for sure. Much better than your banks stuff. I see a name change coming your way. BAMASCT or BAMAELITE or BAMA'S INSANE

Just funning with ya Stephen. Enjoy the new toy.

i still love my banks stuff. i do believe once i have the SCT, that the tuning part will be better than the 6gun. all the other parts of the banks bundle will work very good with the SCT.

i am still gonna leave the 6gun in, dont really want to remove it, so i will have two options that i can run with.

:thumbs

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
BTW, did you get the day off? i've been seein your name on here all day long.

No, I've been hard at it all day long. :tounge

Ahh, the privileges of self- employment.:D

Hope you enjoy your SCT.

Well I'm sure you will:burnit :burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14