Oregon version of cold air intake

seawolf

HA(L)-3 DET-9 69-70
Reaction score
After much reading on the forum, this is mod 2 and I think it will weather the rain. Any feedback? Next, THE CHIP!!! I'm looking for better MPG and pulling a 30 ft 5th wheel.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Well thought out and time taken to install. Looks like it should be just fine. Good Job!:thumbs

seawolf

HA(L)-3 DET-9 69-70
Reaction score
More info

The one minor trial showed 20deg temp reduction inside vs outside the shield.
Cheap gauges but??? Also, day before yesterday, I had to drive at highway speed in rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock and no water near the intakes.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
seawolf said:
I had to drive at highway speed in rain like a cow peeing on a flat rock and no water near the intakes.
I remember those days, I lived in Oregon for 27 years.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Nice job! :clap: I have an intake hose inside of my grill too which ends up tucked under my Donaldson filter. To help drain any water that may get in to it, I created a "P" like a plumbing P trap and slit the hose at its lowest point for water to drain through...but it rarely rains here like Oregon. During torrential downpours I cover the intake hose.

seawolf

HA(L)-3 DET-9 69-70
Reaction score
Tanks!!

The upper 3" hose goes straight back and the lower one turns 90deg as shown in one of the photos. The "roof extension is held on with velcro. What doesn't show is another 3" hose from the finder well back to encourage hot air from the drivers side exhaust manifold to exit aft.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
what modification did you make behind the grill to get the hoses back to the filter? I have been looking and it doesnt seem the zoodad would really fit the OBS. I would like to add a hose directing air back to the filter, I have not moved the battery, but dont see where/how.

Do you have a picture of what you did behind the grill? Looks good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14