Other Excursion owners scrounging for used parts?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Since Ford ended production of the X a few years ago has other Excursion owners started chasing down OEM take-off parts exclusive to the X for we all know Ford will be obsoleting much of their parts inventory as the years wear on.

I'm looking for a clean used exterior liftgate handle assembly for mine is all peeling.

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
My ex is sooooo tore apart right now at the shop as they are trying to chase down this the power draw that is draining my batteries that I might as well just start parting it out so I can make back money for what the shop is gonna rape me on for fixing this thing. I got so mad this morning just looking at it I was about to put it on auto trader. So everyone beware if your batteries start draining. On your subject I am always trying to find spare parts for it just in case no matter what they are. Especially now.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sledpuller

Did you ever test the batteries separately and test the alternator as mentioned in your other posts?

If the batteries and alternator check out OH get a low current clip on amp meter. Kelsey Hayse sells on that reads up to 15 amps. Put the meter in series with the batteries, on either the ground or positive side, and read the current that is drawn while the ign is off. You should see less than an amp, current for the radio memory and security system, Take the current reading you get and divide it into the amp hours of the batteries and you will see how soon the batteries will go dead.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My ex is sooooo tore apart right now at the shop as they are trying to chase down this the power draw that is draining my batteries that I might as well just start parting it out so I can make back money for what the shop is gonna rape me on for fixing this thing. I got so mad this morning just looking at it I was about to put it on auto trader. So everyone beware if your batteries start draining. On your subject I am always trying to find spare parts for it just in case no matter what they are. Especially now.
I thought you had your X buttoned up with the GEM as the culprit:confused:

Sledpuller

Pullin fool
Reaction score
I thought you had your X buttoned up with the GEM as the culprit:confused:

So did I. But we found some wires in the drivers door that had chaffed and were grounding to the door. Fixed that and still draining. The shop is thinking that maybe they fried the new GEM but if they get another new one it is on them for that cost. They are still chasing wires and checking for another chaffing that could be grounding. I don't know but it is getting frustrating.

As for your thread, The local slavage yard here just got in a ford excursion. 2000 model. I'm going to go by and see how bad it is and what is good as far as parts. Let me know and I can take a look for what you guys need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58