Our new to us home away from home

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure looks nice, all most bought a King Of The Road years ago, but it was way to heave for the truck that I had at the time. I feel that they were one of the better made fifth wheels out there. Just heave. Make sure the wheel bearing have been packed in the last 6 mo or do it yourself so you will know that it's been done right before pulling it a long ways from home. Replace the tires if they are over 5 years old.
Good luck and have fun in your new to you fifth wheel.
Doug

MiamiPSD

"GO CANES"
Reaction score
Nice :sweet...................Time to load her up, grab the fishing poles and head South to the Florida Keys.............great camping, fishing and relaxation. Enjoy! :sly

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
just put a hitch on the back of the 5er then you can take toys along with only 1 truck just make sure its to the frame and not bolted to the square bumper. nice find.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
just put a hitch on the back of the 5er then you can take toys along with only 1 truck just make sure its to the frame and not bolted to the square bumper. nice find.

I thought about this to get my quad out and about but I saw something that will do the job much better with out a trailer last night on an new SuperDuty townin a 5er. What I saw was a rack that was mounted above the cab and hood large enough to hold a side by side and it was supported on the nose of the truck where the tow hooks would be and in the bed right up next to front bulk head of the bed it was pretty slick I am going to try and build one. The 25+5 goosneck is for moving some heavier toys like a bulldozer, bobcat, or a back hoe or maybe some hot shot work on the side moving equipment for people.:sly

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yooper, I saw something similar to what you're speaking of, but always wondered what that would do to weight/handling? Do you think it would be too top-heavy or put too much weight on the front end? Just curious & interested!

I'll be waiting on some pics of the new rack! -popcorn

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Its going to raise the center of gravity quite a bit and I am guessing this the rack was probably 1000 pounds unless it was alumium but I couldnt tell because it was painted to match the truck. If its aluminum I am out of luck for building one because I have very limited welding skills and only have acces to a small mig welder at the moment. I going to do some research on them and see what I can find out and see what I can find out. As for the weight it had enough room for you to balance the weight between the front and reat axles by moving the machine forwards or backwards on the rack so I am not to concerned about that as I am raising the center of gravity above the cab of the truck.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Well the first trip was a succes with out any major problems or mishaps and my wife had a great time. And as you guys know, if the wife ain't happy ain't nobody happy.:lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58