Our project truck

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just curious, why not go with the common rail instead of the 24v vp44?

amjperformance.c

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for 600hp reliable daily driver. This motor will do that pretty easily and the price was much less than the highly sought after common rails.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
no offence

not trying to be rude but if you want a ford get a ford:sweet ,great if you want a dodge get a dodge:sweet , but why mix :dunno . just to say you did it it when others already have , then it would be a wasit of time ... but what the helkl when you have money sure why not i guess????????

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Im just curious, why not go with the common rail instead of the 24v vp44?

I kinda agree with Luke, CR is the way to go for this type of conversion :sweet

But I wouldn't do it to begin with, I like my 7.3 too much :D

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bears... the cummins is the better engine and the ford is the better body/ chassis so why not mix and match to get the best truck PERIOD.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
makes sense, i dont know much about dodges so ill give you that, they all have there good points . motors here, trans there, chasis, another from some where else , its all about money i guess from the manufac's....

its all in the goal of the best truck right ?:thumbs

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
not trying to be rude but if you want a ford get a ford:sweet ,great if you want a dodge get a dodge:sweet , but why mix :dunno .

Why mix? They are already mixed. The Ford runs a International engine and the Dodge runs a Cummins engine. Dropping a Cummins in a Ford makes perfectly good sense to me. On the other hand I would not drop a Dodge engine in a Ford but I would not hesitate to drop in a Cummins. I would seriously consider it if I had a complete engine failure.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Why mix? They are already mixed. The Ford runs a International engine and the Dodge runs a Cummins engine. Dropping a Cummins in a Ford makes perfectly good sense to me. On the other hand I would not drop a Dodge engine in a Ford but I would not hesitate to drop in a Cummins. I would seriously consider it if I had a complete engine failure.
well, that's a good valid point

and, well... uh...

kinda like the R134a thread... as long as you have it available why switch to a "substitute?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58