Over heats...

Redrig

Rig Monkey...
Reaction score
My 6.0L Powerstroke is over heating and 2 different Ford dealerships cant figure it out :dunno ...so I bring my problem to the men and women of the fords...??? :hail

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
will need at least a explaination of what it is doing before it overheats. Also need to know how quick before it overheats. Also welcome to the disfunktional family.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Usually a 6.0 overheats due to a blown head gasket. What mods have you done to your truck. Programmer or chip??

Dave

Redrig

Rig Monkey...
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome...

Stats:
'05 F-350 Superduty, Crew cab
Bullydog triple dog power pup
Rapid flow intake
Rapid flow 5" exhaust (sounds awesome)
N.A.D.P. built heavy hauler tranny
Procomp 8" suspension lift (dual shocks)
37" BFG Mud Terrian Tires

Now I had all these mods for some time now and the truck was running great, just recently it started overheating, it first started when I was pulling my travel trailer up some hills (trailer is a 25' about 6500lbs, don't even now I'm pulling it) but now it heats up even when I'm not towing and it will vent out the degas bottle and sometimes over heat to the point of venting coolant down the side of the truck.
2 different Ford dealerships did a bunch of tests and found nothing, had my cooling system flushed & press tested for leaks and I had my thermostat changed as a process of elimination,even with my chip uninstaled (truck back to stock) it does the same. pulled my inter cooler out today and had a look to see if the rad,inter cooler, A/C cooler were plugged up...but found nothing... I have just over 70,000km on it...I have a lot of people scratching their heads over this one...

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might have fubar'd the head gaskets causing the overheat. I was thinking about the EGR valve, but since it does it without the chip......:dunno Might be time to upgrade the head gaskets and install some studs. If that don't work, I'd suggest you get a custom tune that eliminates the EGR valve and then weld up the up-pipe where it enters the EGR cooler. Just my .02

Redrig

Rig Monkey...
Reaction score
Flopster843 said:
might have fubar'd the head gaskets causing the overheat.

a few guys I have talked with say that also,is there a way to tell the head gasket is gone, I mean with out ripping and tearing stuff apart???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58