over mirror gauges

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
who markets the over the mirror gauge mounts?
and are they any harder to install
is it difficult to hide the wiring overhead?
and what about extra length on the cables
Thanx
Ricky

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I know Dennis at ITP carries the overhead gauge pod,lets see if we can get Dennis to chime in with all the details as I'll be ordering a three gauge pod myself :sweet

Bill

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that some rearview mirrors are glued on TO HIGH at the factory and you cant get the new gauge pod to fit. You have to remove your mirror, get the mirror post off the glass, and then re glue it a little lower so the pod will fit. Other than that I think they are very cool!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I've heard that some rearview mirrors are glued on TO HIGH at the factory and you cant get the new gauge pod to fit. You have to remove your mirror, get the mirror post off the glass, and then re glue it a little lower so the pod will fit. Other than that I think they are very cool!!
The only way I've safely removed the mirror buttons is by heating them up then grasping it firmly with a pair of channel locks then use a twisting motion lightly till it starts freeing up.

I've done it that way 100's of times on various makes of windshields :sweet

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LAF250 said:
who markets the over the mirror gauge mounts?
We've got them for 2, 3 or 4 gauges. We also just got in the over mirror Edge Attitude mounts which are also very cool! I don't have these on my site yet as we're in the process of a complete site revamp. If you want one, you'll need to call me to order it.

and are they any harder to install
is it difficult to hide the wiring overhead?
and what about extra length on the cables
Thanx
Ricky
Installing the pods isn't difficult. The wiring needs to be about 3-4' longer than a pillar mount (depending on which pillar position the gauge would have been in). Typical pyrometer probe wires are long enough and the rest (power, ground, illumination, trans temp, boost tube, etc.) you usually cut to length during installation.

The headliner isn't attached to the truck at the front edge, once the pod is in place you just pull the headliner down a bit and push the wires in to hide them. You'll pull the pillar down enough to route the wires down and into the drivers side underdash area and the rest is the same as installing a pillar.

Hope that helps...

Dennis Schroeder
ITP Diesel
www.itpdiesel.com
602-354-7255

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58