Overdrive light flashing

jetflyr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you have read the codes and can not afford to fix it, you may disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to clear it, or have a dealer clear it. Though if you do either you may be masking the problem, and ultimately making it worse.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yer VSS is six years old. It sends signals to alot of things that have to do with engine/drive train performance.

Replaceing it is a good 25 dollar place to start trouble-shooting. 1 10mm bolt & clamp to R&R, 1 connector to dis-connect/re-connect. A 15 minute job.

:dunno

shortstroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well its only done it once so I don't know. I just hauled my 4500 pound jeep almost a 1000 miles round trip and it didn't do it. I do have a superchips programmer on it thou.

shortstroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well it started doing it again and I pulled the code it was a P1713 transmission system problems. Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem is or what?? I think I am going to take my programmer off and see what it does then.

shortstroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To bring this back from the dead I think I figured out the problem. Its the solenoid control body which has a trans temp sensor built into it so you have to replace the whole thing. Since I have not yet repaired the problem only put the truck on the injured reserve list do you think it would be a bad Idea to add a shift kit on a 150,000 mile trans while I have it apart and if so which kit should I get??

CHPMustang

Reaction score
To bring this back from the dead I think I figured out the problem. Its the solenoid control body which has a trans temp sensor built into it so you have to replace the whole thing. Since I have not yet repaired the problem only put the truck on the injured reserve list do you think it would be a bad Idea to add a shift kit on a 150,000 mile trans while I have it apart and if so which kit should I get??
The Factory Tech Valve body has always been mentioned,I believe Brians Truck Shop(BTS) may have a performance valve body but not 100% sure.

I just did a Sonnax valve and tricumulator spring kit on our '02. Been working great for a few years now.

If the trans is operating fine install the kit or valve body.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Well it started doing it again and I pulled the code it was a P1713 transmission system problems. Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem is or what?? I think I am going to take my programmer off and see what it does then.

P1713 TFT stuck in range low-- below 50 degrees.

Your tranny thinks it's cold. Cause. Sensor,circuit, PCM.

Chances are it's the sensor. The sensor is located in the solenoid body. The only fix is to replace the body.

Stuff a TransoGo tugger kit in it.;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14