overhead console

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
anyone know how to properly remove the over head console on the 05+ lariats? its the one with the little (wallet holder is what i use it for) drop down sunglass type holder and the cubby hole?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
umm...
very carefully?
honestly, a look at the dealer's parts microfiche will usually reveal the secret..

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
To quote the Ford Service DVD; Remove the headliner. Remove the overhead console bracket and disconnect the electrical connectors. Pulll down at the FRONT of the console, gently.

I am not really sure that you need to remove the headlined, a job in itself. Try pulling down on the FRONT end (toward the windshield) first. Good Luck!

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i thought you would have to remove the console before the headliner? and mine doesn't have or shouldn't have any electrical connectors.. I have the only lariat ever without that I think lol.... ill have a look at it tomorrow.. and see when i can come up with.. i just don't want to break anything

thanks guys

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
ok... i found some time today and went to figure this out... the plastic piece you see in the truck including the little flip down cubby hole (suglass holder) just pops off kinda like the A-pillar with just the little clips holding it up... then the internals of the thing "black plastic insides" is from what i can tell screwed to the top of the cab.. the headliner is cut out around it and it looks as if it must be removed to get the internals down... so when the other part is on there it looks like the headliner is underneath it for a clean look.. then you take that piece off and its cut out around the internals.... but i see what i needed.. so thanks guys... if that doesn't make sense and you want to know what im talking about let me know and ill try to post some pics....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14