Overheat condition

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveBen
I use my manual fast idle switch all the time in winter. Never had any problems.

Dave

I use my high Idle all the time, but never for 20 or 30 min in the winter time. Never had any problems.

In the summer time I have used it for 2 and one time 3 hours to keep me cool inside, when it was about 101 outside and the truck never heated up at all and ran fine.

Tanker you said something about going to a parts store and getting your codes read. I think it was on here a week or two back someone here said stay
away from parts stores because what most of them have is not good enough to read all the codes in our trucks.
I was thinking maybe it was Dave or Joe and the reason that was posted sounded good to me. LOL We will see who speaks up first. Good Luck to all.
Doug

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:) Wudn't me.. i've neber used a part house scanner. Got my own one. :tounge:lmao

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 1800 is a bit high. My F350 automatically goes to 1K from idle after 1 minute of sitting still, in park, no pedals touched. I don't know how long it will do that, probably until it reaches NOT (Normal Operating Temperature) but I haven't tested it, or asked that question. I think I will look that up!

Eric

My 04 did that, I was told (dealer) that it's for warm up and also to help keep the EGR cleaned out. (Righttttt)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58