Overheating???

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
On the freeway last night I really got on it, for about 15-20 seconds, boost got to about 34 egt 1250-1300, then a couple of seconds after I let off of it I had a slight coolant smell, I was back to normal boost and egt's, then my Banks PDA said I had high engine temp of 222. I know that's not to high but outside of the parameters that were preset. Within about 20 seconds this went away and temp was normal. During all of this the factory temp guage never even moved, it appears that the cooland smell was from the degaus bottle over flowing a little bit. This is the 3rd time this has happened, the truck seems to run just fine, no loss in boost or power. Any Ideas???
Is this something I need to be worried with? :dunno

The only thing I could come up with is maybe my thermostat is sticking a little bit, how hard is it to replace the thermostat on these trucks?

Thanks for you help

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that it's burried that deep, but I though it was funny to mention that possibility :D

I can list a long list of "wouldn't minds" (as you know) that I don't have a way to pay for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58