p0236

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, yall have never let me down before so im back again. a friend of mine has a 2000 f250 with a bully dog programmer and he is having problems with it registering boost on the in cab monitor. some days it will register boost and run good and others it will show 0 and run like stock or worse. i scanned it with my sct and it showed a p0236 turbo boost code, what would cause this? i've read that it could be the map sensor, ebv, pcm or just need a boost fooler installed. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will find all of the codes in the WIKI Technical Articles in the TOP BLUE LINE. Click on that and look for the Diagnostic Trouble Codes section.

Here: TikiWiki : Ford Diagnostic Trouble Codes and that is: P0236 Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance. So it looks like a sensor has taken a dive.

Dave

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, but i still wonder what sensor would make the monitor register 0 psi. we've been checking connections all night and still no better performance or readings. thanks again

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple electronic failure, it is an electronic sensor that can and does fail. very rarely will it be something beyond a random electronic failure.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so is there a turbo boost sensor? would that be causing the sporadic performance and boost readings? thanks

First off.. check the Black line from the Y pipe to the MAP (turbo boost) sensor, the Red line from the MAP sensor to the Waste gate actuator and the Green line from the MAP that connects to the air intake horn.

Take them off and visually check them for any tight bends and kinks, cracks, holes and a Good Tight fit.. when you re-install'em.

Also, the electrical connector on the MAP sensor.. for any corrosion.. and a good tight connection.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg