P0284 on A 07 6.0l

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So truck is still running like crap! idle issue was the worst its been so far. Right after it threw it's lil fit the other day i scanned it and found a P0284. Cyl#8 contribution/Balance. now i'm thinking it's injector time. only problem is it has 22k mi on it and i know they will only replace one Injector at the dealer. And yes it is still under warranty. any help would be great. Thanks, Steve

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Forgot to tell ya what the truck does when its having it's fit's. She seems like she's running on 7 or 6 cyl, real bad stumble with bluish to black smoke, color varies from time to time, never the same its very random. but seems to do it more with the ice on [A/C]. also just got it back from the dealer for this issue an dthey said it was the EGR valve. So they replaced the EGR and installed some Baffle kit in the intake tube rt at the manifold. Please help!!!
Thank You,Steve

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Let the dealer fix it. Them will only replace defective injectors and not all of them. It sounds like you have a bad injector.

Dave

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep one injector I just went through this a couple of months ago had 6 replaced in three separate trips. The third trip they talked the warranty people in to allowing them to replace the remaining original injector rather than wait for it to go bad. The first injector I had replaced had the exact same symptoms as your truck. The last six were rough idle on cold start I just wanted them replaced before my extended warranty was up. $300 for 6 injectors sounded like a good deal to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg