P1280 DTS code

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
2001 F250 250,*** miles. stumbles sometimes on take off. I replaced the ICP sensor and we're still getting the P1280 code were should we go from here?????:dunno

Thanks
Neal

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 F250 250,*** miles. stumbles sometimes on take off. I replaced the ICP sensor and we're still getting the P1280 code were should we go from here?????:dunno

Thanks
Neal

@ 250 K ? HPOP pressure. The 7.3 needs a minimum of 500 psi to even start.. and at idle RPM's, near or Less than that, when it takes the load..could be your Stumbling issues ?

Joe

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
its just a liitle less than 500 +/- at an idle. it only does it intermittantly, so its hard to have the auto enginuaity hooked up all the time. could the IPR be stickin? or not functioning correctly?

thanks

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Ok he is apparently close to an oil change we're gunna start there, hoping that does it. Has anyone ever rebuilt/resealed the IPR maybe could need cleaned out?, hard job? I checked the voltage at the pluge how my service ford manual says and voltages are good, didnt get any further because ya gotta use a breakout box to test more from there in their flow, and i'm not sure if the one i made can check those things, and we ran out of time.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Oil change whoulda been my next .03.. but the +/- 500 HPOP psi, at idle.. is still questionable.. What kind & wieght of oil do you use ??

Joe

Last edited:

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
15-40 rotella. ill have to hook up the computer after he gets his oil changed and see what pressure we have and go from there.

thanks guys

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15-40 rotella. ill have to hook up the computer after he gets his oil changed and see what pressure we have and go from there.

thanks guys

Whoops.. It's Him, not You. You might mention Rotella T, 5w40, Full Synthetic ? Most Everyone here uses it.. seems to be the "All Weather".. Rotella.. oil of choice for the 7.3s.

Joe

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
update think i found a bad wire close to the icp plug, gotta get a pigtail and try that, he already had the oil changed with 15-40 before i could tell him bout the 5-40. still no improvement. still wants to stumble on take off once in a while with an ses light, its the P1280 code. will update after we install the pigtail. Also its smokin bad at idle, unburnt fuel, has new injectors a year or 2 years ago, gotem from a local place DCI-diesel controls inc. Im not sure if its related or not, any more ideas would be great

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58